POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot) : Re: Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tiffany Lamp (WIP snapshot)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 31 Jan 2009 11:02:04
Message: <498475fc@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:49844099@news.povray.org...
> Hi all, thought I'd better post something because I haven't for a while
> now...
>
>  I've come to the conclusion that PoV-Ray *is* a part of RL. (For me at
> least).
>
>  Anyway, here's a Tiffany lamp that I've been working on recently. This is
> the colourful version with area_light turned off so don't worry, the final
> won't be like this. I tried a render last night with area_light turned on
> and this morning it was at 63% and had been running for 7 hours, so I
> stopped it. It was a closer shot as well.  :)
>
>  I've frosted the red glass but I'm not sure if it will actually do
> anything in the final image yet (or I'm not sure what I'm trying to
> achieve, I guess some kind of diffusion I suppose), so I might take that
> out.
>
>   Light is a single light_source, and all PoV 'bog' standard textures.  ;)
>
>   Anyway, C&C always welcome.

Well, some 'bog' standard comments then:

I like it, Steve. I do like it indeed. There is an interesting artistic
world to explore in those decades of the 19th and 20th centuries. I just
wonder a bit about the colors of the glass which look a bit pale to me, in
contrast to the background (what is that anyway? I am not entirely sure
about the geometry on which the lamplight seems to be projected) where the
colors are much fuller/richer, which remind me more of the lamp shades of
Tiffany and others; however, I am not an expert, and so might be totally
wrong about this. So, is this difference an effect of the light?

Thomas